Saturday, December 19, 2015

Shopping

Shopping here is such an enjoyment!  There is such a variety of items to look at.  The advertisements here are very "eye-catching" (bright colors, funny cartoon pictures, lights, etc.).  They also sell quality items that cannot be found in the states.

First store I visited was Natori.  This is a mix between an Ikea and a Target.  They have very nice household items.  I came here for a purpose...that was to buy my recycle bins.  Recycling is mandatory on the island; they are very strict about it.  I of course, came out with a bit more than just my recycle bins.  I've learned to expect this and always bring extra yen with me.  So many items I realize I don't need until I see them...  Speaking of which, a local chair (ground level) caught my eye.  I might just go back to get it another day.  Didn't have room in my car as the recycle bins took up most of the space in my little vehicle. 
Natori

Next up was an Aeon Mall.  This is a chain of malls throughout Japan.  The mall here is a bit different than the ones in the US.  It's like one big store split up into sections (electronics, clothing, etc.).  You can walk from area to area as there are no walls.  I wasn't sure what the exact rules were so I just made sure to buy my items for each level of the store before moving upward/downward.  Multiple food courts were present.  I even found an arcade...I will wait until I have Caleb with me to go play there ;)

Aeon Mall
 
As with most stores I visit, I feel as if I miss large sections of the store.  It's so full of sections and non-linear aisles.  But that is part of the fun!  Always something to look forward to...finding a new section!

Next to the Aeon Mall is a Cinema.  I was sorely tempted to see Star Wars again (though in Japanese with English subtitling).  However, I was getting tired at this point.  I might go back...

My last store of the day was Makeman.  I have been to this store a few times and it is one of my favorites.  There is a small 100yen section, pet section, household items section, and an outdoor section.  I went to buy rocks to spice up my outdoor area.  However, by the time I got to this store my car was quite full and I was hungry and tired.  I picked up a few small items on my shopping list.  I'll go back another day to buy the supplies to decorate the outside of my house.

Makeman "Monkey Store"

No comments:

Post a Comment