Thursday, January 14, 2016

My First Work Trip

I went off island for my first work trip as a Flight Nurse.  I had the honor of transporting patients from Okinawa to Hawaii, Hawaii to Guam, and Guam to Okinawa.  It ended up being a big loop around!  I had different patients on each leg of the trip.  What a rewarding experience it was to help others get to the medical facilities they needed to, in a safe manner.  I sure do love my job!  The one downside is being separated from Jack and Caleb.  It's always tough being apart.  Plus we don't get to share adventures with each other.  This definitely does not stop us from going out and experiencing things when we are separated though! 
Looking from the galley towards the aft of the KC-135
(a PAX (passenger) in the hammock)
A few ambulatory patients in the seats (yes, the seats sit backwards)
Fellow crew members can be seen in the back

My first trip as a Flight Nurse


 
I ended up being in Hawaii for a few days and got to try paddle boarding for free.  What an amazing and fun activity to do!  I ended up going back in the afternoon and paddle boarding again because I didn't want to do anything else.  We are now eagerly looking forward to when we can try paddle boarding in Okinawa (way too cold right now). 

Sunrise in Hawaii

Getting my paddle board into the water

Getting ready to head into the water

Paddle boarding is so much fun

Gorgeous water in Hawaii

I got to see MAGIC! in a free live concert.  Spent most of the concert out on the water paddle boarding and listening to their music.  Perfect combo!  The members of MAGIC! were staying in my same hotel a few doors down...I had seen them getting breakfast earlier in the morning :)

Watching MAGIC! in concert (I just finished paddle boarding and joined my group)
 
Guam was an interesting experience...I like Hawaii a lot more.  I'm sure I'll get to spend more trips in Guam so hopefully I get to experience a bit more of the good side of Guam next time.  I don't like telling negative stories, so I'll just leave my Guam experience in the past.

Not sure "I love Guam"

I sure was happy when I got home though!  My guys picked me up and took me to Chili's.  I hadn't eaten in over 24 hours (except some mini M&M's and a handful of Goldfish).  I devoured my Chili's food quickly!  Nice to be able to tell each other the stories of what we had experienced during our time apart.


During my absence Jack and Caleb went to Dragon Palace in American Village and played arcades for over 4 hours!  They had a blast!  The rest of their time was spent at school and work. 

Caleb at the arcade

No comments:

Post a Comment